Re: Linking setup with gnustep-make 2.0.1 on Solaris

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Linking setup with gnustep-make 2.0.1 on Solaris
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 19:45:24 +0200 (CEST)

>> The simple point to remember is that, if you install using the native
>> filesystem layout, then the GNUstep libraries are in the same
>> directories as the operating system libraries, so you don't need to set
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>
> I'd still need -R/opt/GNUstep/lib (in my case).

Well, if you are installing libraries into /opt/GNUstep/lib, you need to either
source GNUstep.sh, or use ldconfig / the equivalent on your OS.

If you're confused, you can always read core/make/INSTALL, which contains
verbose
configuration instructions.

> By the way, what's the "native" filesystem layout? "fhs" seems to refer
> to some linuxism, and I haven't found a sun flavor yet.

If you don't find a good one for Sun, you can always contribute a new one. :-)

Just take an existing layout, rename it, change the paths, update the comments,
and send it to gnustep-dev@gnu.org and we'll add it to the repository ;-)

Thanks