A few bugs in latest release...

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: A few bugs in latest release...
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:43:50 -0400

I didn't file these bugs in Savannah since there's 4 of them and I'm not sure where some of these bugs are (I think GWorkspace mostly).

Anyway, there are 4 bugs that have been bothering me.  I'm using the following:
* WindowMaker
* Latest stable GNUstep release (the Slackware packages)
* GSX11HandlesWindowDecoration NO

I think the first 3 are GWorkspace bugs and are:
1) Whenever I hide an App, then unhide it by double clicking GWorkspace's dock the app is brought to front but not activated.  This happens every time, and doesn't happen if I unhide the App using WindowMaker's dock icons, only GWorkspace's dock.
2) If I switch between applications using GWorkspace's dock something weird happens everytime.  It's hard to explain, but the first application to be switched to activates, then when I switch to another App is activates but doesn't deactivate the first App and this App becomes somewhat useless since it doesn't let me bring it to front.  This only happens if I switch from Apps activated by GWorkspace's dock.  It also happens everytime, but not with non-GNUstep Apps.
3) If I use GWorkspace's "Activate Context Help" then pick something (lets say the dock) the help window comes up but the mouse isn't switched to pointer unless you click somewhere else first (that is, I need to click on what I want to get help for, then again to switch the mouse back to pointer).

The next bug I think is part of AppKit using NSMenuInterfaceStyle NSMacintoshInterfaceStyle:
4) If I open a menu, then click somewhere else of that App the menu goes away (this is what I want).  If I open a menu, then a sub-menu and click somwhere else on the App only the sub-menu goes away (not what I want, I want both the sub-menu and menu to disappear).  I think I've read something about a menu bug before, but I'm not sure this is the same thing.  The menu for an App also does NOT deactivate if I switch to another App.

Thanks,
Stefan