Re: [ANN] Slackware 12.0 Packages

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: [ANN] Slackware 12.0 Packages
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:03:03 -0400

On 7/29/07, Holger Sebert <holger.sebert@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
I realized that there is a different directory structure now.  I wonder
why this change was made?

Well, I wanted to keep as much compatibility with the FHS as possible, so I used make-2's --filesystem-layout=fhs-system.  If I remember correctly, the only things that are in a non-standard GNUstep layout are the libraries (in /usr/lib), the tools (in /usr/bin), man and info pages, and the makefiles (in /usr/share/GNUstep).  The apps, bundles, etc are still in /usr/lib/GNUstep and the home domain is still in ~/GNUstep.  Also, there's a link to every app under the SYSTEM domain in /usr/bin, so all you have to do is "GWorkspace" to open GWorkspace, for example.

Stefan