Re: [ANNOUNCE] SimpleAgenda 0.29 - Request For Comment

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] SimpleAgenda 0.29 - Request For Comment
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 10:47:23 -0400

On Nov 3, 2007 10:04 AM, Philippe Roussel <p.o.roussel@free.fr> wrote:
I would like users, if there are any, to answer a few questions :

I don't really use SimpleAgenda, but that's because I generally install and uninstall GNUstep so often that I don't have time to test/use that many apps.  Either way, I'm going to try to answer these questions as what I generally like to have on calendar apps.

  - do you use iCal support ? Distant or local ?

iCal support as in what?  The Apple iCal, or libical (iCalendar standard)?  I think iCalendar support if a must, but Apple's iCal support is really useless, in my opinion at least.  Not really sure what the difference between distant and local is though.

 - would CalDav support be a big plus ?

I didn't really know what CalDav was until just a few seconds ago, but it seems like it would be just as useful as having iCalendar support.  Being a standard it will only be a matter of time until other calendar apps start using it.

 - do we need a week view ? a month view ?

Whenever I use calendar apps, weekly view is usually the only type I use.  I generally don't have that many things happening in a single day, and generally not even that much happening in a week.

 - what about ToDo (or Tasks) items ?

Always useful!

 - what kind of notification would be useful (email, à la libnofity,
       sound, flashy bouncing ball) ?

I have no idea!

 - anything else ?

I think this is it.  I still need to give SimpleAgenda a try, I'll make sure to do it next time I install GNUstep again.

Stefan