Re: So, honestly, is GNUStep a viable development option?

From: Daniel Santos
Subject: Re: So, honestly, is GNUStep a viable development option?
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:43:38 +0000

Critical mass can be improved by making the gnustep site a hub for listing current gnustep applications, and even for downloading them. It will give a better idea to the visitors that GNUStep other than a programming platform, is also a user environment with a set of integrated tools. Besides the developers of those applications are the best positioned ones to become GNUStep contributors. If they are invited to "add" their work on the site, teir interest may increase.

Daniel Santos

markjoel60 wrote:
The worst part of the flame, to me, was it completely missed the point. I
wasn't saying that Ubuntu should be held up for all to admire and emulate...
My point was that Ubuntu's success is a based mostly on mass and momentum.

Because SO many people use it, it has an incredible user base which gives it
more mass and more momentum.  More users means better testing, a larger
community to get answers and more people working in improving the code.

Sadly, in our business Brute Force often succeeds where elegance and
innovation has failed.