Re: The orca, GNUstep's mascot

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: The orca, GNUstep's mascot
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 01:46:37 +0200

Am 21.04.2008 um 22:25 schrieb Gregory John Casamento:

I think we'd agreed on "Steppy", but I'm not sure. :)

Well, I hope this is not a bad omen. ;-)

According to <http://209.85.129.104/search? q=cache:MajYSbNAPTIJ:ca.geocities.com/chimosspirit/RandomStuff.html +orca+names&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3> (sorry only google cache) "Living Whales with Names Starting with K or T, Deceased Whales with Names Starting with K or S":

SeaWorld has a completely limited vision when it comes to the alphabet. At least 50% of their whales' names start with K or T. This seems to be a phenomenon around the world:

Living Whales with Names Starting with K or T:
Katina, Kasatka, Kiska, Kalina, Kayla, Kyoquet, Kshamenk, Keet, Keto, Ku, Kohana, Kalia, Tillikum, Taima, Takara, Taku, Tuar, Tekoa, Trua.

And this isn't a new phenomenon! However, in the past, instead of T, there was S!

Deceased Whales with Names Starting with K or S:
Kilroy, Katy, Kandu, Kianu, Knootka, Kona, Kandu2, Kandu3, Kandy, Kanduke, Kim, Kona2, Kenau, Kandu5, Kotar, Kahana, King, Kiva, Katerina, K'yosha, Kanuck, Kyu-Chan, Kim2, Kandu7, Shamu, Skana, Scajaw, Sandy, Shawn, Spooky, Sacchi, Samoa, Shachi, Splash.

Gregory Casamento -- Principal Consultant - OLC, Inc
# GNUstep Chief Maintainer