Re: Error while building Preferences.app

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Error while building Preferences.app
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 23:36:53 +0200 (CEST)

> Making uninstall for app Zipper...
> cd: 1: can't cd to /usr/GNUstep/Local/Applications

Obvious question is then, does the directory /usr/GNUstep/Local/Applications
exist ? ;-)
I mean, if you installed the application in there, it should exist, but if you
can't cd into it, then maybe it doesn't.

Did you install your application somewhere else ?

If you installed it, for example, in system, you need to specify it when
uninstalling as well -

make uninstall GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN=SYSTEM

That will try to remove the application from /usr/GNUstep/System/Applications
(I imagine that's where you System domain is) - which would work if that is
where
you installed it.

Thanks

PS: You can also uninstall applications by hand; you just need to remove the
/usr/GNUstep/Local/Applications/Zipper.app directory (or, well, wherever that
is),
and the /usr/GNUstep/Local/Tools/Zipper symlink (again, check where it is on
your system).