RE: Question about GNUstep Make 2 and compilation

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: RE: Question about GNUstep Make 2 and compilation
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 13:20:15 +0200 (CEST)

>       On my iBook, when I changed a header file and type "make" to compile
> the project, all the source files importing this header where
> recompiled. Now on my Powerbook, when I do the same thing, nothing is
> done.

Check for the line

"checking if the compiler supports autodependencies... yes: gcc version is 4.1
>= 3.0"

when you ./configure gnustep-make.  It is the feature you are looking for :-)

Does it say 'yes' or 'no' ?

If it says 'no', you can try manually editing config.make and changing

#
# Whether the C/ObjC/C++ compiler supports auto-dependencies
# (generating dependencies of the object files from the include files
# used to compile them) via -MMD -MP flags
#
AUTO_DEPENDENCIES = yes

If that fixes your problem, then probably it's an error in the ./configure
script
which fails to determine that your compiler supports auto-dependencies.  Which
compiler are you using ?

Thanks