gsweb and apache 1.3

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: gsweb and apache 1.3
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 12:48:35 +0200

Hi all,

I started playing around with gsweb on OpenBSD. OpenBSD comes with a heavily
patched Apache 1.3. The Apache GSWAdaptor seems to be unmaintained and
deprecated, and the Apache2 GSWAdaptor seems to be only for Apache2.

After some changes to the sources, I got the GSWAdaptor compiled. But now I
wonder, how to configure it.
I also tried to compile Apache2 Adaptor, but up to now, I failed.

Before I invest more time to get this running, I need a suggestion into
which direction to look further.
- Is the Apache2 GSWAdaptor intended to run with Apache 1.X too?
- Where do I configure the properties for the apache1 module?
   - Do I have to set these in the http.conf for the vhost where I want to
use the module?
   - Or do I have to define these as Defaults for the user who runs Apache?

kind regards
Sebastian