RE: architecture issues

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: RE: architecture issues
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:35:15 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Mark

thanks for that - I had a quick look at the thread :-)

it seems to be a glitch in SOGO, which should just use the GNUSTEP_HOST_CPU
variable rather than have separate code trying to determine the same variable
using 'uname'. ;-)

Inside a GNUmakefile, that variable is always set - in both gnustep-make v1
and v2.

Outside a GNUmakefile (eg, in a configure script), it is set in gnustep-make
v1,
but not in gnustep-make v2.  In gnustep-make v2 you can still get the value
of that variable by executing

  gnustep-config --variable=GNUSTEP_HOST_CPU

the gnustep-config script should always be in your PATH if gnustep-make v2
was installed correctly.

So I'd recommend you change the SOGO code to use that variable. ;-)

Thanks