Re: Printing

From: Rubens_Septimus
Subject: Re: Printing
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 09:25:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hubert Chathi-2 wrote:

> On Fri, 16 May 2008 08:23:52 +0200, Markus Hitter <mah@jump-ing.de> said:
>
>>> [1] put "deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian experimental main" in your
>>> /etc/apt/sources.list file
>
>> Is this a solution we can recommend for all users?
>
> Not for all users, no, but I would give it as an alternative to
> compiling everything from scratch.
>
> --
> Hubert Chathi - Email/Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
> PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA   (Key available at wwwkeys.pgp.net)
> Fingerprint: 96C5 012F 5F74 A5F7 1FF7  5291 AF29 C719 124B 61FA

Sorry to reopen an old subject, but after making it all from scratch - so I
did and learned a lot - I still can't print, but this time, my default
printer is no more shown in the print window. I just get this :

Printer : Unnamed
Note : Automatically Generated

What is the good way of setting the default printer ? Maybe a GSPrint
property in defaults settings or something like this ? Where could I find
this documented, please ?

--
Cheers,
Patrick