Re: Problems with gpbs

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Problems with gpbs
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 00:22:48 +0200

Marko Riedel wrote:
just in case anyone is interested, I'm also having the slow focus
problem with NSTextField (startup-0.19.3). Furthermore, I was a bit
disappointed that the NSSecureTextField does not display dots or
circles (looks like it just uses white text on a white background).

I cannot help you with the gpbs process being so slow. From what I can tell it time outs while trying to get a valid time stamp, that is we are not even interacting with another application. It may just be that newer X Servers are clever enough to optimize away our null append property operations.

About the NSSecureTextField there has been a patch from Saso about a month ago to the GNUstep developer mailing list. This should fix the display of dots. It is just that I want to get this resolved differently, but don't have the time to implement this at the moment. Perhaps I should commit Saso's patch until then.

Fred