Re: window frame

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: window frame
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:00:32 +0100

On 17 Jul 2008, at 15:29, Marko Riedel wrote:

Hi,

just a quick check if anyone has seen the following problem and can advise me on it. I have some windows created with Gorm and I wanted to save their frames and locations to the defaults system, like so:

[window setFrameUsingName: @"MyWindow"];
[window setFrameAutosaveName: @"MyWindow"];

This didn't work. It would always save the frame that corresponded to the origin and the size from the .gorm file.

Finally I decided to print the frame of the window to stderr with NSLog and discovered that even though I resized the window in the application interactively, the value of [window frame] never changed! It always stayed at the values from the .gorm. E.g. when I resize the window to cover the entire screen, the value of [window frame] would still be the frame from the .gorm.

My question is, has anyone seen this, is there some mistake I'm making or is this a bug?

I think it must be some mistake you are making ... that mechanism is used by so many applications that I would expect to have heard about it if it was failing. Also, if you have resized the window its frame must have changed (or all the drawing would be horribly messed up).

Perhaps the window you are logging and sending messages to is not the same window as the one being displayed and resized?