Re: GNUMail

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: GNUMail
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 02:32:00 +0100

On Mittwoch, Nov 12, 2008, at 02:18 Europe/Berlin, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:

I am discussing GNUMail with Ludovic.

What would everyone think of more of a CRM type app like DayLite by Market Circle? Not totally like that, but where you would have a record for each contact and besides seeing e-mail you sent, see other interactions, store data about them (address, e-mail stuff, notes, PDF files and other attachment type items you have sent etc)

My other thought was a different UI, maybe something more like GMail?

I guess I am looking for thoughts to enhance GNUMail...

Thanks for the input.

When it comes to apps I like the one app for one purpose approach better than those all in one solutions which try to do everything a little bit but nothing right. Things like Lotus notes which try to be a jack of all trades are unmanageable monsters and annoy me to no end.

Better have a heap of small apps which answer a purpose best and integrate well (and can be exchanged each by one if you don't like this or that app).

Did anybody manage to get GNUMail to work on Solaris in the meanwhile? I haven't tried for a while but a year ago or so I tried very hard and finally gave up (no success). I would really like to see GNUMail.app to at least work as a mail client (on Solaris) before all-purpose features are added to the app.

Regards,

   Andreas