Re: NSManagedObject.h

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: NSManagedObject.h
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 08:42:14 -0800 (PST)

On 1 Dez., 15:29, David Chisnall <thera...@sucs.org> wrote:
> On 1 Dec 2008, at 14:27, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
>

> > On 1 Dec 2008, at 13:55, David Chisnall wrote:
>
> >> NSManagedObject is part of CoreData.  GNUstep does not contain an
> >> implementation of CoreData (and Apple don't seem to like it -
> >> they've made it very hard to integrate it well with Time Machine or
> >> Spotlight so I don't know how long it will last).  There's a
> >> partial implementation for GNUstep here:
>
> >>http://gscoredata.nongnu.org/
>
> >> I'm sure Saso would welcome patches to add any of the missing
> >> functionality.
>
> >> David
>
> > Is that different from the code in gnustep svn
> > athttp://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/gnustep/libs/gscoredata/
> >  ?
>
> Oooops.  I wasn't paying attention when it got imported.
>
> Please ignore me...

No! Never!

Perhaps, Saso or someone else with access to gscoredata.nongnu.org
should update the main page and/or link to it.

The new version at http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/gnustep/libs/gscoredata/
has been fixed and extended a little (by me)
so that DataBuilder also compiles on Mac OS X. Especially the .gorm
files have been upgraded to .nib format.

But everything needs some more work.

Nikolaus