[ANN] GNUstep Software Index 2.6.0

From: address@hidden
Subject: [ANN] GNUstep Software Index 2.6.0
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 10:45:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
as a Christmas present to all, I have reworked a small part of the
Software Index scripts and now it is easier to manage and view
multiple versions of an application.

* when creating/editing you are asked if you want to fix the version
number or create a new record for an existing application.
* when browsing for applications, they are sorted by release date.
* when viewing an application there is now a pop-up button which
easily allows to change and browse through all version.
* if the selected version is not the latest, there is a notice that
updates are available.

So, friends, please try out and publish your latest GNUstep
application and framework updates. And report bugs/feature requests or
patches (it is open source!) for the SWI.

Although I assume everyone already knows, here is the link:

    http://www.gnustep.org/softwareindex/

What I want to suggest if someone is looking for a nice project: write
a software updater that uses the SWI content in PList format (http://
www.gnustep.org/softwareindex/plist.php) to show updates and allow for
automatic download & install.

Nikolaus