Re: GNUstep @ FOSDEM - status update - cancel it or not?

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: GNUstep @ FOSDEM - status update - cancel it or not?
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 12:08:34 +0100

Am 09.01.2009 um 09:29 schrieb Fred Kiefer:

Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
"b" means that there will be no official GNUstep presence on FOSDEM this
year (because there's no GNUstep booth or desk this year). This also
means that the message "GNU says good bye to the booming world of ObjC
and Cocoa and accepts the status quo of the closed source nature of
Apple's approach" is spread and perceived by the public (I know this is
not the case but this is the way the public reception and opinion
works). It could also mean that it might become be very difficult (if
not impossible) to get any DevRoom, booth or stand at FOSDEM in the
following years.

I think the given consequences wont happen in that exaggerated way, most
likely the majority of FOSDEM attenders just wont notice we aren't
there.

But FOSDEM organizers would surely notice. I think that they will become somewhat reluctant to give us a room again if we cancel it now. And I fully understand them (I'd do the same if I where in their shoes)

Still I think it would be better to show up and I am beginning to
plan, whether there is a way I could go there.

great! You could meet Richard, Nicola and possible Nicolas there and discuss GNUstep theming face to face with them.

If only Freiburg wasn't
that far off from everywhere.

Come on, make up your mind. The other major *burgs in Germany (Hamburg, Magdeburg) are even further away from Brussels than Freiburg. Btw. there's a spouses tour planned this year for the first time if that's the issue

citation from Pascal's Mail: