Re: Impelmenting NSWindows95InterfaceStyle

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Impelmenting NSWindows95InterfaceStyle
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:17:03 +0000

> Sounds like the right condition to decide whether to add a menu. But
> what should we do in the case, when there isn't a main window? Take for
> example the GSTest application that doesn't display a window on startup.
> Should we only have the context menu of the icon window?

In that case the application quits. If people are going to design
for an App to work on Windows then they need to make *some* comprompises
and one of them is that it has to have one window open because Windows
Apps quit when the last Window closes. NeXT's apps got round this
in a variety of ways, some more ugly than others, but ultimately they
all had some kind of active Windows when the App lauched.

-pete.