Re: gdnc

From: Truls Becken
Subject: Re: gdnc
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 08:39:57 +0100

Justin Lolofie wrote:

> I understand that gdnc must be running or it is started automatically. In my
> case, it fails to start up automatically. When I triy to start it up myself,
> I get this message:
>
> "failed to contact gdomap on myhostname(10.0.2.123) - Connection refused"

Did you start gdomap first?

gdnc is per user and needs to start once per boot
gpbs is per user and needs to start after X11, for instance from .xinitrc
gdomap is a system service and should be started from the bootscripts

Like you mentioned, the first two are started automatically for the
user if not already running.

There could also possibly be some security setting in your OS that
either denies gdomap to listen to its port, or connections to be made
from "mysystem".

Also, I recommend adding "mysystem" to the 127.0.0.1 localhost line in
/etc/hosts, and not have it on a line with the actual address (if that
is the case now).

Hope this helps,
- Truls