Re: MVC

From: grendelan
Subject: Re: MVC
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 22:07:54 -0400

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 21:53:58 -0800, hns wrote:

> On 3 Mrz., 05:11, Rogelio Serrano <rogelio.serr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> is gnustep MVC?
>>
>> but to me gnustep seems to be hmvc
>
> Do you refer to
> http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-07-2000/jw-0721-hmvc.html
> ?
>
> Then, I think the answer is:
>
> NO.
>
> GNUstep is not a *design pattern* it is a *framework/toolkit* for
> Objective-C.You can choose any design pattern that you like.
>
> -- hns

The answer is yes, "Model-View-Controller" was part of NeXTstep's design,
from its Smaltalk roots.

HMVC?  OMG, WTF is that? The article left me wondering exactly what
problem they were trying to solve.  I'm tempted to think it is a
"problem"introduced by a GUI design corrupted by Web 2.0 nonsense...
anyone have some insight?
-gren