NSSplitView - how to programmatically resize the subviews?

From: address@hidden
Subject: NSSplitView - how to programmatically resize the subviews?
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 05:30:48 -0700 (PDT)

During the development of SWK, I came across the <frameset> tag which
is easily mapped to a NSSplitView. Execept one thing - the (initial)
width of the subviews (rows or cols attribute).

Well, NSSplitView since Cocoa 10.5 provides a method

- (void) setPosition:(CGFloat) position ofDividerAtIndex:(NSInteger)
dividerIndex

but the requirements for SWK are that only methods from older GNUstep
and Cocoa up to 10.2 are used. And it must work on GNUstep and Cocoa
(any version!).

So before implementing a special NSSplitView as part of SWK, I am
looking for the best method to achieve the same using standard
components. Any hints and/or sample code are welcome. Your benefit
will be a nice Browser and Online Help system for GNUstep...

Nikolaus