defaults read executed inside msys not finding .GNUstepDefaults

From: Paul Terres
Subject: defaults read executed inside msys not finding .GNUstepDefaults
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 10:38:25 -0400

GNUstep is not returning the user home directory correctly inside the msys shell. eg)
Running  "defaults read" from the ms command prompt it finds the .GNUstepDefaults file at C:\Documents and Settings\username\GNUstep\Defaults.  However running "defaults read" from a msys shell it tries to read .GNUstepDefaults at M:\USERS/home/username which does not exist.  I think it
 should look for .GNUstepDefaults either at /c/Documents and Settings/username/GNUstep/Defaults or /home/username/GNUstep/Defaults.

Is there a work around for this problem?

I'm using the latest GNUstep windows installation binaries: gnustep-system-0.23.0,  gnustep-core-0.23.0, gnustep-devel-1.0.0