Re: GNUStep on OpenBSD 4.1 - looking for alternative page

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: GNUStep on OpenBSD 4.1 - looking for alternative page
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 13:48:16 +0200

On Wednesday 05 August 2009 11:53:44 pm Michael Durket wrote:
> I'm trying to install GNUStep on OpenBSD 4.1. According to prior notes
> in various GNUStep discussion
> forums, there are supposed to be instructions and other notes by a
> user who did this successfully at:
>
>              http://mail.rochester.edu/~asveikau/gnustep-openbsd/
>
> however this page is a dead link. Does anyone out there have a copy of
> what was on this page or can
> anyone point me to a page elsewhere that contains the notes for
> compiling GNUStep on OpenBSD 4.1?
OpenBSD 4.1 is rather old. But afaik, there must be sth. in the ports.
Take a look at /usr/ports/X11/gnustep

or you may take a look at my ports here:
https://www.l00-bugdead-prods.de/
those ports are still for OpenBSD 4.4, and they will probably not work with
OpenBSD 4.1. So if you want to use them there, you may need to tweak them a
little bit.
I'll very likely update them for OpenBSD 4.5 next week in my holidays.
Also, which architecture you are using?

cheers
Sebastian