Re: Changes I've been thinking of...

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Changes I've been thinking of...
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 00:21:24 +0200

Hi,

Germán Arias wrote:
El lun, 12-10-2009 a las 19:33 +0200, Michael Thaler escribió:
But so far my experiences weren't that great. I tried to create a project with project center. No icons are shown at all, so Project Center is not useable.

Well with stable release (startup 0.23.0) ProjectCenter and Gorm are
usable. I have many projects made with these. But you are using GNUstep
from SVN, and of course there are bugs.

They do work also from svn trunk.... I'm using them right now.
NSX11HandleWindowDecoration = YES. But today I tested this with 0.23.0
startup, and does not work. Maybe it's a bug or my memory fails.

it is GS*

If you run systempreferences, you will find both the preference for letting X11 or GNUstep handle the windowmaker (the cited one) and also GSSuppressAppIcon which inhibits the cretion of the small application icons. You need then another tracker, on windows the taskbar works fine, the same goes for mwm.

IN the long term you might want to extend GSUseWMTaskBar for your windowmanager perhaps?

Riccardo