Re: how to compile a .m

From: Stef Bidi
Subject: Re: how to compile a .m
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 18:38:29 -0500

You'll need a GNUmakefile.  Check this link for a tutorial: http://www.gnustep.it/nicola/Tutorials/WritingMakefiles/

For your simple example I would say:

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make

TOOL_NAME = test
test_OBJC_FILES = hello.m

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/tool.make

Don't forget to source GNUstep.sh before running make (will define GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES).

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Jean-Loïc Mauduy <zhorrab@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone!

I am new to GNUstep and Objective C and some things seem difficult to understand for me...I hope you can help me. Precision : I'm on Windows.

After installing the thing, I tried a simple hello world, so I put this code in a hello.h :

#import <stdio.h>

int main( int argc, const char *argv[] ) {
    printf( "hello world\n" );
    return 0;
}

and now, how do I compile?