Re: Sending UDP packets

From: Saso Kiselkov
Subject: Re: Sending UDP packets
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 11:27:14 +0100

Simple: you didn't replace sendto() with a call to write() - Linux
accepts this (it simply regards connect() as a 'default' send address,
and allows you to override it on a per-packet basis using sendto()),
whereas Solaris and OSX will complain that it is invalid to use sendto()
on a socket with a destination address already set using connect().

I don't have OSX to test exactly, but my Solaris 10 machine stopped
complaining after I replaced sendto() with write() and I think OSX will
shut up as well (seems to be the same error).

- --
Saso