Re: addressmanager crashing and NSViews being treated as a NSControl

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: addressmanager crashing and NSViews being treated as a NSControl
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 19:46:14 +0100

Riccardo Mottola wrote:

The code is considering a NSView (ADPersonPropertyView is a sublass of it) as a NSControl by casting it, this is the problem. The change was done :

29133 wlux NSText *textObject = [(NSControl*)controlView currentEditor];
$ svn log -r29133
r29133 | wlux | 2009-12-17 01:03:07 +0000 (Thu, 17 Dec 2009) | 4 lines

Fix various issues when drawing controls with edited cells. This
includes a fix for the problem of properly resizing and redrawing the
editor when the cell is resized or moved during editing (bug #22678).

I think this needs to be fixed in a better way.

Indeed. I hadn't imagined that somebody would use a text field cell in a view which is not a subclass of NSControl. I have added the (obvious) fix for this issue.

Wolfgang