Re: GSoC application

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: GSoC application
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:52:23 +0000

On 12 Mar 2010, at 16:26, Niels Grewe wrote:

> Because of the popularity of Apple's Objective-C based iPhone
> platform we also expect heightened interest from students that are not
> intimately familiar with the project. GSoC would provide them with an
> opportunity broaden their knowledge while working on an open,
> cross-platform implementation of the underlying APIs.

This sounds good.  I didn't put much about encouraging new contributors in the
original draft, which is something of an oversight, as it's something that we
definitely want to do.  We had one very promising student drop out at the last
minute in a previous year, who had written an OS X framework and was interested
in doing some related things on GNUstep.

David

-- Sent from my Apple II