Re: libobjc2 release?

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: libobjc2 release?
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 12:44:25 +0000

The GNUstep test suite would be a lot more helpful if it wasn't full of tests that always (or commonly) fail.

It isn't.

Really? I have never managed to run it, even with a fresh checkout, without a number of failures.

Did you report them ? I've never seen a bug report from you about a failure in the test suite. If you're not planning
on fixing the problems yourself, you should at least report them! ;-)

Perhaps they work on GNU/Linux.

That's right - they may well be failures that only occur on the system you're using, which is likely not the same that other people are using. An even more compelling reason to report the issues and not hide them! :-)

But you *do* have a point about spurious/known failures in the test suite. I would recommend we aim for exactly 0 failures. We should silence all spurious or known failures so that people can run the test suite with confidence knowing that any failure can and must be reported. ;-)

Thanks