Re: List dead?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: List dead?
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 18:33:33 +0100

On 4 May 2010, at 18:18, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> The funny thing is that I asked on Mar 21, 2010 and just today received my
> own message...
> So I think some server did not deliver any mails to me :)

I got the mail yesterday, so apparently it was delayed by two weeks for me.
Looking at the headers, it appears you submitted it via NNTP, which aside from
being a massive WTF, means that this is not entirely surprising.  NNTP servers
forward messages when the other side pulls them in, which happens at some
admin-defined time interval.  Unless someone was using the same NNTP server as
you, they won't have received the message until their server pulled it in.
I've no idea how this ends up bridged to the mailing list at the end, but it
won't go to the list until whichever server handles the forwarding decides to
pull a copy of the message across.

David