Re: NSMenu changes

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: NSMenu changes
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 00:03:56 +0200

Riccardo Mottola wrote:

It doesn't seem to be completely reliable. If I do a simple test, it works. But for example inside a remote X display it appears not to work (when it used to). I'm confused. Using the keyboardinput test, I see nothing suspicious, even with the remote display the modifiers are correctly interpreted.

Are you sure that you have recompiled and reinstalled -gui on the remote machine running the application? And that you have run svn up on that machine before?

Yes, I am pretty sure. I'll do another test with more care.
I notice also that we have problems with keyboard shortcuts on Windoes (= I only get a beep) while they used to work not too long ago.

Is there any chance that NSAlternateKeyMask is set together with NSCommandKeyMask when the command key is pressed? If so this could be the reason that keyboard shortcuts stopped working.

Wolfgang