Re: gnustep make on MacOSX

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: gnustep make on MacOSX
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 20:33:58 +0200

Hi David,

Thanks a lot for your response!

I am trying to build a bundle on MacOSX 10.6.3 using gnustep make and am getting the following "missing required architecture x86_64 " error:

This means that you are trying to link a framework to either an x86-64 or universal binary, but the framework does not contain symbols for the architecture that you are using. My guess would be that you've installed the IA32 version of the framework.

I think on 10.5, gcc always defaulted to producing 32-bit binaries, but with 10.6 it now defaults to whatever the current CPU supports. The simplest way of fixing this is to add -m32 to your OBJCFLAGS and force it to build a 32-bit binary. Alternatively, install a 64-bit version of the framework.

David

I tried

ADDITIONAL_OBJCFLAGS += -m64

and

ADDITIONAL_OBJCFLAGS += -m32

in my GNUmakefile. The error message stays the same!? I can't rebuild FBAccess.framework. That comes from FrontBase Inc.

Thanks,

 Andreas