Fwd: Fusing Makefiles

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Fwd: Fusing Makefiles
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 23:13:20 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amsterdam Project <project.amsterdam07@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 12:22 PM
Subject: Fusing Makefiles
To: Gregory Casamento <greg.casamento@gmail.com>

 Well, we're preparing our system to run gnustep on. The system build
tool we got from syllable.org,  wich is our base system, is full of
errors, so i decided not to build with it. The base of Wave OS, as we
call our new system is Syllable Desktop 0.6.6, i'm working hard to
reactivate the code wich got stalled in the original project.

In order to build our system, i was looking the makefiles. Each part
of the system has its own makefile, but finding out, i believe i can
fuse all the makefiles into one, as i did with the installation of
resource packages, wich now you can install on a single install.sh.

As i could see, to build a system, the first step, is to create the
system folder structure.
Then, each part of it is built and installed in the correspondent folder
Whenever it finishes, you can make an install CD using mkisofs.

Well, here is the theory, but in order to do it well, what should i
consider? Can i do everything from the makefile or i do need a script
for the folders?

--
Gregory Casamento - GNUstep Lead/Principal Consultant, OLC, Inc.
(240)274-9630 (Cell)