Re: Question about NSToolbar

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: Question about NSToolbar
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 10:13:44 +0200

Germán Arias wrote:

I'm just trying to use a toolbar, but the standard items
NSToolbarPrintItemIdentifier and  NSToolbarShowFontsItemIdentifier,
aren't active. I need do some special thing to active these items? Of
course, I can implement these, by hand, on the delegate method:

- (NSToolbarItem*) toolbar: (NSToolbar*)toolbar itemForItemIdentifier:
(NSString*)itemIdentifier willBeInsertedIntoToolbar: (BOOL)flag

But I whant know how the standard items work.

The standard font panel toolbar item didn't work because there was no responder for its action in the responder chain. I've just fixed that in svn by adding a category to NSApplication.

To enable the print toolbar item you must implement the - printDocument: method.

Wolfgang