Running a separate script from my app

From: Csanyi Pal
Subject: Running a separate script from my app
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 14:50:59 +0200

I'm developing an application that should write and read the parallel
port: the LPT_Interface in Objective-C using GNUstep Renaissance.

Sofar I come to the point where I must to implement the code that should
run a separate script which has SETUID permission.

(I tried before to run command for set a LPT Data Port bit to logical 1
from MainController.m:

[code]
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <sys/io.h>

#define base 0x378

  outb((unsigned char)1, base);
[/code]

but this doesn't work at all.)

This script, the LptDataportSetBit1.c must be compiled using following
commands:

 $ sudo gcc -ggdb -O LptDataportSetBit1.c -o LptDataportSetBit1
 $ sudo chmod +s LptDataportSetBit1

Using GNUmakefile how can I compile the whole app with command 'make' to
get the script LptDataportSetBit1 with SETUID permission?

How can I implement the command in MainController.m that should call
this separate script?

Any advices will be appreciated!

--
Regards, Paul Chany