Re: GNUstep install

From: Stefan Elwesthål
Subject: Re: GNUstep install
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 18:10:49 +0100

Nice to hear, I'll just move on then.

I've just given up to build PDFKit, won't happen, seem it likes to use old freetype headers. Better skip that and go straight to building Gworkspace. I just apt-getted wmaker.

Regards
Stefan

On 2010-11-12, at 17:35, Stefan Elwesthål wrote:

> If I run "env | grep GNU" in my terminal I get a lot of GNUstep variables.
> Like:
>
> GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT = /usr/local/Local
> GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT=/usr/local/System
>
> None of those paths exist? is that REALLY ok?

If it's only the GNUSTEP_*_ROOT variables, then at least it is not unusual. These are obsolete, and it will only be a problem if some program you try to install still uses them.

Nicola: Is it time to remove these yet? They only have any chance of pointing to a meaningful place when using a gnustep layout.

-Truls