ANN: Helicropper (Useless Alert, could be fun)

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: ANN: Helicropper (Useless Alert, could be fun)
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 04:50:53 +0700

This is the first (and last) release of Helicropper, a tool that was
made in an afternoon to slice images into grids.
Grid can be defined by cropping first, then dragging inner the crop to
adjust the grid. It can calculate the minimal
slice possible that is equal to or larger than the specified grid size
but will fit in the cropped.
Scroll will zoom in/out image. The smooth button, I forgot what it was
for, something to do with image display on OS X.
I didn't link it in GNUstep version.

I can't explain well but I hope you get it. The app didn't actually
slice the image rather just generating parameters, which can be used
in external tools like ImageMagick.

The app also have a secret mode, explained further in the screenshot.

SS:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WFE4wEfTeTI/TQ0l4ks4f0I/AAAAAAAAAyM/WUn-KlVss2A/s1600/mg.jpg

Sources for GNUstep and OS X, note that you will need to replace the
default image path and recompile:
http://qstx.blogspot.com/2010/01/wasting-time-turning-my-image-cropping.html

The OSX version you can drop a bunch of files, it will skip over
another after you are done with once.
The language was in Thai but I didn't have access to a Mac, not
anymore (Congratulations!) so you may
want to edit the text yourself based on GNUstep's screenshot.

Since I don't release a future version of this software anymore, feel
free to adapt it to your own use.
I don't think WTFPL for software is a good idea as it was not the
purpose of the license but this one is released under WTFPL 1.0
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:WTFPL-1

--
    .----.     Banlu Kemiyatorn
  /.../\...\   Free Software Yogi