Re: gnustep-base on OpenBSD mips54

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: gnustep-base on OpenBSD mips54
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 14:25:14 +0100

Hi,

Fred Kiefer wrote:
> I just submitted the second and third part of your patch. The first part
> may or may not be useful, somebody using FreeBSD should comment on that.
>
> Before you go ahead with GNUstep applications you should try to get the
> base test suite running and see whether this fully works on your system.
> Only then should we try to analyse the gui issues. GNUstep gui uses
> proxies for most images and this will only work, when the whole
> NSInvocation stuff in base is working correctly.
>
> When you are sure to rule out a base issue the next step would be to run
> the application with gdb and set a break point on the assert line in
> [NSCell -setImage:] and if the code gets there analyse the content of
> anImage. It should either be an NSImage or more likely a GSThemeProxy.

It took a while to run those tests, but I'm done now. And indeed, there
are some tests failing with regard to NSInvocations.
See attached logfile.

Compiling NSInvocation.m I get a lot of warning messages on the mips64 box:
NSInvocation.m:918: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
type
NSInvocation.m:918: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
type
NSInvocation.m:918: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
type
NSInvocation.m:918: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
type
NSInvocation.m:918: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
type
NSInvocation.m:918: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
type
NSInvocation.m:918: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
type

I don't see those messages on my i386 box, maybe that could be one of
the reasons?

Sebastian