Source-level compatibility of runtime(s) with Apple

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Source-level compatibility of runtime(s) with Apple
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:23:16 +0100

Hi,

I've ran into a difference between runtime on Debian and Apple's runtime in the function name conventions. For example:

Class classFromIsa;
#if GNUSTEP
classFromIsa = objc_lookup_class([isaStr UTF8String]);
#else
classFromIsa = objc_lookUpClass([isaStr UTF8String]);
#endif

I wanted to ask whether the GNU/GNUstep runtime could additionally include the Apple variant of the function name, but fortunately I looked at libobjc2 source code first. From what I can see, there the Apple's style of the function name is used.

What is the future policy regarding this? What should the above #if check for?

--
Have fun,
Ivan Vučica