Re: Base tests on Windows

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Base tests on Windows
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 23:06:04 +0200

On 04.04.2011 22:36, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

On 4 Apr 2011, at 20:39, Fred Kiefer wrote:

Some of the differences in the test outcome look like you are using
a different MinGW set up to what Riccardo and I are using. Which
GNUstep for MinGW installation are you using?

Not sure ... I have gnustep-core-0.23.1 and gnustep-devel-1.0.0 an
gnustep-system-0.23.0 in my home directory, but I'm not certain they
are what's installed.

Interesing, my system seems to be newer than that. I have 0.25 of core and system and 1.1.1 of devel.

And did you install anything manually on top of that?

icu-4_6 with Sefan's patch of course, but I also have
gnutls-2.9.2.exe in my directory with a more recent date than the
gnustep pacages,so I guess I probably installed that at some point.

I don't have these two, which leads to plenty of tests being skipped.

Did you see the mail I send to the developer mailing list in reply
to Riccardo's list of failed tests?

I've read that now ... the NSDecimalNumber failures seem strange.

Could you please check whether iconv support gets detected for
you?

Yes, iconv is detected.

This should be the main difference, but where does your version of iconv come from?