Re: GSoC student deadline soon!

From: Denis Washington
Subject: Re: GSoC student deadline soon!
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 16:37:28 +0200

Am 05.04.2011 13:46, schrieb Robert Slover:
Back on March 20, a student by the name of Denis Washington proposed working on
a CSS-based theme engine for GNUStep.  He also asked whether GNUStep was
participating in GSoC.  The question regarding the GSoC initiated a discussion
of GNUStep's participation beneath the GNU project umbrella, but no one said
anything about his proposed idea (that I saw, anyway).  It is an interesting
idea, I think.  It is also possible that this might relate to SimpleWebKit.
Wasn't a CSS engine on the to-do list for that?

--Robert

Hi,

I must admit that, given that my message was never answered, I thought that GNUstep wasn't participating in Google Summer of Code (there wasn't a GNUstep section on the GNU project's ideas page at that time), or that there was no interest in the idea, so I applied for the GNOME project this year; sorry. As I already have found a mentor for that project and discussed the details, it would be unfair to drop that and apply for GNUstep instead. Also, it would be just as unfair to apply to GNUstep in parallel, as I would have to disappoint either you or the GNOME developers if both proposals get accepted. Sorry for this.

Regards,
Denis