Re: things that fail to build with gcc and libobjc2

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: things that fail to build with gcc and libobjc2
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 13:25:23 +0200

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

On 6 Apr 2011, at 19:48, Wolfgang Lux wrote:

I've updated STObjCRuntime.m in svn so that it now uses the Objective-C 2 API with the exception of type selectors, which are a GNU extension and not part of Apple's runtime and thus the API. Compiling against libobjc2 you probably still will get deprecated warnings for them (I haven't tested it because I don't have libobjc2 installed anywhere), but given the number of warnings produced by StepTalk, these shouldn't matter much :-(

And I've replaced the runtime specific typed selector code with the runtime independent api we introduced about a decade ago.

So obviously before I joined the project :-)

BTW, I've found some other objective C functions in the StepTalk source (and as a matter of fact in Jigs as well), namely objc_sizeof_type, objc_alignof_type, and objc_skip_typespec, which also are not part of Apple's runtime. Looking at GSObjCRuntime.h, it looks like we don't have runtime independent replacements for these, do we?

Wolfgang