Re: building dbuskit fails with llvm/clang

From: Niels Grewe
Subject: Re: building dbuskit fails with llvm/clang
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 13:30:30 +0200

Hello Sebastian!

Thanks for catching these errors, they should now be resolved in svn.

On Sat, Apr 09, 2011 at 12:01:38PM +0200, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> On 04/09/11 11:39, David Chisnall wrote:
> > I'm not sure why this code is using GSStackTrace, since the useful
> > functionality of this class is exposed in NSException via public interfaces.

This is part of an rather ugly hack to work around the fact that we
don't have per-class +initialize locks in the runtime. The subsequent
code sets up the worker thread for D-Bus interaction and I needed to
make sure that all classes needed by that thread are initialized before
it's being started.

> DKInterface.m:153:65: error: if statement has empty body
> [-Werror,-Wempty-body]
>     && (NO == [method isKindOfClass: [DKPropertyMethod class]]));
>                                                                 ^
> 1 error generated.

This was a rather stupid but still actual bug and catching stuff like
this is one of the reaons for building with -Werror. I'm turning that
flag of in release versions, though.

But thanks again for the patches!

Cheers,

Niels