Re: Compiling GNUstep under Debian

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Compiling GNUstep under Debian
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:12:09 +0200

Hi!

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 15:20, David Chisnall <theraven@sucs.org> wrote:
On 15 Apr 2011, at 14:14, Ivan Vučica wrote:

> I could submit a patch. Would just including objc/objc.h in ObjectiveC2runtime.h be correct?

No, absolutely not.  runtime.h is designed to be included instead of the GCC libobjc headers, but includes some guards for the case where it's included after them.  The correct patch would be to move the include of runtime.h to below the include of objc.h and friends.

 Understood. Unfortunately, I have tried patching this in various ways, but I don't have deep enough understanding to figure out what to do.

I have tried including immediately after objc.h, but GNU types stay diverted to different names.

I have tried including immediately after diverting, but the data types are then missing; ObjectiveC2/runtime.h cannot find definition of Class. Removing #undefs is wrong as well.

I'm not sure how to proceed.

--
Ivan Vučica
ivan@vucica.net