Re: what is the best Windows distribution?

From: Zhang Weiwu
Subject: Re: what is the best Windows distribution?
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:26:30 +0800

Thanks a lot for the detail of technical difference:)

I think it's obvious I should choose MinGW.

On 04/18/2011 06:37 PM, Ivan Vučica wrote:
How do I make a choice?
- is your app targeted at an end-user who is primarily using Windows? MinGW
- is your app targeted at a scientist, or a hacker/hobbyist who doesn't mind
installing extra software? Cygwin

Typical, isn't it? FOSS community tends to assume participants to be developers, that might is also the root of usability problems. No, I don't have my app, never had one and doesn't plan to have one. GNUStep is a curious knowledge to me for weekend hours, just a user, not a developer:)

Thanks for your comments!