Re: GSWeb tutorials

From: Pirmin Braun
Subject: Re: GSWeb tutorials
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 09:44:19 +0200

Am Sun, 26 Jun 2011 18:55:38 -0400
schrieb David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de> :

> Intars is not really what he was looking for and is way too big for people to
> start with GSWeb.

I don't agree. We provide a Virtual Appliance
http://www.seat-1.com/Download/IntarS61_230_SF.7z with everything set up and in
place, just download and start without painful installation trouble. It will be
much faster to have that "hello World" message on the screen.
And when it comes to programming real world functionality, browsing, searching,
printing, user accounts, internationalization, database abstraction, themes,
data modelling, UI designing, menu, deployment and operating it's all there.
But you may be right with "too big" concerning the 000230 repository, I'll
setup another one, small and simple, with only a few demo modules and plugins
as a starting point for web development.

--
mit freundlichen Gruessen/best regards

Pirmin Braun
seat-1 Software GmbH - Sinziger Str. 29a - 53424 Remagen
+49(0)2642 308288   +49(0)163-6290887 - skype:pirminb
Fax +49(0)2642 308626
http://www.seat-1.com  pb@seat-1.com
http://sourceforge.net/projects/intars

Geschäftsführer: Pirmin Braun, Ralf Engelhardt
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Coburg HRB3136
ein Unternehmen der MAX21 Gruppe - http://www.max21.de