Re: Category for NSString not included?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Category for NSString not included?
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 16:14:27 +0100

On 27 Jun 2011, at 16:06, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:

> It's the standard gcc 4.1 on CentOS, so it is probably an older runtime.
> When I built the latest GNUstep, it turned off exceptions, so that is
> probably the case.  Thanks!

If you're using the GCC runtime, then you shouldn't be seeing this behaviour -
I'm not aware of any shipped versions that included this bug.  If you're using
a packaged version, you probably don't have debugging symbols switched on in
the runtime, which makes this a little bit difficult to track down.  You can
try inspecting the NSString class in gdb and seeing if your isEmpty method
appears in its method list.  If it doesn't, then the category has not been
loaded.  If it does, then the dtable has not been correctly constructed...

David

-- Sent from my IBM 1620