Re: UIKit

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: UIKit
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 03:03:57 +0200

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 19:10, David Chisnall <theraven@sucs.org> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 5:49 PM, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
> At the FOSDEM this year we decided to start a GNUsep sub project to
> implement UIKit. And just a few weeks later we learned about UIKit:
>
> http://chameleonproject.org/

Did it?  I'm still interested in a proper UIKit implementation - Cameleon is not really equivalent, and is less interesting - I just haven't had time to work on it.

I think lack of people with both time and inclination to work on UIKit is more to blame than the existence of Cameleon.

Care to share what Chameleon got wrong? I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Is there a reason why Chameleon is not the right way to go, apart from the fact that it (obviously) runs windowed?
--
Ivan Vučica
ivan@vucica.net