Re: GNUstep on 10.7

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: GNUstep on 10.7
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 09:30:19 +0100

On 27 Aug 2011, at 22:15, artware wrote:

> /usr/include/objc/message.h:72:1: error: unknown type name 'OBJC_EXPORT'

This is a header that, as far as I know, only exists in the Mac Objective-C
runtime.  It may be possible to use GNUstep with this runtime, but it's
completely untested and some bits of the code almost certainly won't work
(we've tidied those up a bit over the last couple of years, but it's still
probably not a good idea).

If you want to use GNUstep on OS X (which I wouldn't recommend - Apple has
their own clean-room reimplementation of GNUstep called Cocoa), then you will
need to install another Objective-C runtime.

David

-- Sent from my Apple II