Re: Building Performance

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Building Performance
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 06:32:16 +0100

On 28 Aug 2011, at 23:30, artware wrote:

> What do I need to know in order to build Performance? Right now the
> svn is failing with errors:
> GSCache.m:322:8: error: subscript requires size of interface
> 'GSCache', which is not constant in non-fragile ABI
>
> I tried recompiling base without the --enable-objc-nonfragile-abi, but
> the same thing happened.
>
> Any thoughts?

The class is explicitly designed and documented as not allowing additional
instance variables in subclasses, so it doesn't matter that it's size is not
theoretically not constant ... the compiler is complaining abut something that
doesn't happen.  However, it may be that there's no way to tell that compiler
to carry on and ignore this.
I'm not really familiar with clang/llvm, but perhaps there's a flag to tell it
to treat this as a warning (it's a perfectly reasonable warning) rather than as
an error?
Alternatively, you can use gcc as your compiler :-)

That being said, I've committed a small change to try to avoid this warning
(though I haven't tested it as I don't have clang/llvm installed).